Monday, June 15, 2009

Crocheted Lace Jewelry Frames -- thank you StitchDiva!



I was so lucky to have found this great pattern at StitchDiva. It works up very quickly. The pattern is very flexible (any kind of yarn can be used). I was also able to substitute cheaper materials, and they still came out nice (if I do say so myself). I used felt paper instead of cloth, for the backdrop of the frame. And, I only used acrylic yarn (take THAT, yarn snobs!). I do have to say though, that these will look SPECTACULAR with some sparkly yarn and satin/ printed cloth backdrop.



I also changed up the attaching part. The pattern says, to staple the finished crochet thingie onto the back of the cloth-covered background. I didn't feel so good about that so I did a lace-up corset thingie. It looks crazy in the back, but it works for me. At least I won't spend sleepless nights worrying if my gifts have come undone.



That's a wrap! (Get it? Harharhahahaharhar I am SO funny.)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I crochet shirt for my mum with similar pattern :)
    http://milanarukotvorine.wordpress.com/2009/06/08/svasta-zapoceto/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Milana! Added you as a friend on Ravelry. The projects you posted there are lovely. =)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)