Friday, October 22, 2010

Whoot!

Owls. I became OBSESSED with them last week. For no particular reason that I could fathom. I mean, I haven't even seen The Owls of Ga'hoole yet (I'm not particularly excited by the story, but it amused me to no end that the owls had English accents). I noticed that there are a lot of crochet patterns for owl-y things. They ranged from fugly to frakking cute.

Hands down, my favorite was Rupert the Owl by Irene Strange. I gazed at it during all my breaks at work for one week before caving in and buying the pattern on Ravelry. I both love and hate that designers can have pattern shops there--it means easy access to all the lovely patterns. Instant gratification which unfortunately equates to increased spending (at least for me :D).

But for this particular pattern, I knew that I was going to get my money's worth. I've seen how the author explains the pattern via written instructions, graphs, and photo tutorial. She has some free patterns available on her website and on Ravelry.

I immediately set off to work on it. But I didn't make a toy... I made a cozy for my MP3 player! My player looks like Mickey Mouse. Seriously.

Whoot with Mickey

close,
I attached a button on the back so I can open and close Whoot's head, and a loop on top so I can wear her on a necklace. :)
open!
I don't often make things that have color changes after every single row, and lots of sewing and finishing involved. But I'm really happy with this one. I just might make another. :D



3 comments:

  1. Hi Claire!

    Thank you for linking the Reneegurumi site. Ang gaganda ng free patterns, aliw! :)

    Keep crocheting! :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)