Monday, June 15, 2009

Amigurumi Robot -- Thanks Rachel of CrochetSpot!

This is my first REAL amigurumi. By real, I mean presentable. The first one I made was $#!+. Literally. I made amigurumi poo.

Exhibit A: Paraplegic, Faceless Robot

Now this robot is a gift for my officemate Paolo... He very generously agreed to make over my seller site at Multiply.com in exchange for this. =) I made it in his color choice. The pattern was originally in yellow and black. I followed all the directions to the letter, save for the face. Who knew that would be the most difficult part? Considering that it's the part of the project that uses up the least amount of yarn.

Doesn't he look like Shrek's Gingerbread Man? I love him. =)

Paolo loved it, and baptized him Swarley. I said that I thought the name sounded like a drunk pirate who loves to swear. And how much I wanted to make an eyepatch for him. =)

Get the free pattern at Crochet Spot. You get the pattern free when you subscribe to Rachel's weekly newsletter. Go visit her site for a lot of great tutorials and patterns!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? :)