Thursday, July 2, 2009

Just gotta shrug it off...

So I've been pretty excited about working on shrugs -- the very talented Mimi Alelis' shrugs.

For the past weeks, the beautiful shrugs have occupied my brain and my hands. I've been crocheting away and I finally finished my first shrug last Sunday, on the last day of June. I had it washed, and I was planning on wearing it to work today:



But alas, the shrug is too tight! :( The shrug is forcing me in a perennial couture pose! You know, the shoulders-hunched-forward-with-slightly-pained-expression pose. And it's soooooooooo prettyyyyyyy tooooooooo =((

Anyway, I'm looking for someone to adopt it. My officemate says it looks nice on my anyway. But I am not one to suffer for fashion. I take being comfortable over looking great, any day.

I'm not giving up on this though. I'm working on a second one, with purple Anchor thread. I'm moving up a hook size, and hope that fixes things.

I'm also working on a new shrug: the Simply Striped Shrug, by Ms. Mimi, too. I love love love this one, because I can fit it as I go. I also moved up a hook size just to be sure. :D It's so easy, but the shrug looks fab-yuh-lous! Can't wait to finish this one.

2 comments:

  1. I have made the shells and flowers shrug, too. I am working on the SS one right now. Mine isn't as far along as yours. It looks great, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! my shells & flowers shrug didn't fit well too. i'm glad somebody else want to have it (so badly, she didn't stop pestering me 'til i gave in).

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)