Saturday, June 11, 2011

Of Ninjas and Crochet

True happiness--how do we know if we have found it? I have ALWAYS found it difficult to answer that question. I am pretty easy to please, but then in the back of my mind there's a little voice asking, "Is this it, or is there something better?"

It took a lot of courage to step back and examine my life, as objectively and honestly as possible. I decided that unless I try to make changes, I'll never grow as a person, as a writer, and as a crafter. I had interpreted the happiness I felt as contentedness, when it really was COMPLACENCY.

And so, I covered my eyes and took that leap into unchartered territory--in my full-time work, in my craft, and in my personal life. I'm really hoping it all pays off. After all, I didn't rush into it unprepared--I have my God, my family and friends at my back. :)

Of Ninjas
I quit from my (stable, relatively high-income, low-effort) day job. I really want to grow as a person, and I think that in my new job, I will get tons of opportunities to do just that. I now work as content writer for Lemonade Stand Media, an advertising company that wants to explore the new frontier in media: the online universe. We have a group buy site: http://www.nakamuraka.com. Right now, that is our focus. Aside from writing content for the site, I also play a role in promoting it through different social media channels.(Please click the link to see more ninjas :D)

Of Crochet
I have been writing for Crochet Spot since November 2010. I love helping people learn more about crochet, and writing patterns for them to enjoy (plus it doesn't hurt to have a little extra income doing something you like doing anyway). Rachel (founder of Crochet Spot and crochet superwoman) has been a very considerate and generous person in my life. Recently she asked me to write patterns for the Crochet Spot Store and of course, I was only too happy to oblige! So far I have had the pleasure of submitting two patterns for her, and I'm working on a fabulous third. ;)

I don't know when Ravelry started doing this, but boy oh boy, how happy am I that I can now share all of my patterns with non-Ravelers!


And Another Thing...
Another BIG change is coming to the artful hooker.

...

The artful hooker is getting married! (It's kind of weird talking about myself in the third person) :D To a civil engineer I met in college. To me he represents a lot of firsts (first boyfriend, first kiss), and I look forward to sharing more "firsts" with him, our families, and our friends. The wedding is about eight months away, and I'm happy to report that I have not (yet) become a bridezilla. :)

I'm not sure where all of these changes will take me, but I have steadfast faith that EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALL RIGHT. :)

Cheers to change, happiness, and love!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the engagement! Looks like a time for lots of new things. Well done for stepping out of your comfort zone into something better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, Claire! I always believe that wherever our heart is lies our happiness. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire! Congratulations and Best Wishes to your big day! Maybe you are busy right now that's why some of your posts are not updated. But it's fine because you're preparing for the wedding! Haha! I just found your website because I am searching for people who know how to crochet and knit here in the Philippines. It's really hard to find them but I saw some blogs including yours. I am still a beginner in knitting but at least I want to meet more people who are in the craft! :D Hope to hear from you Claire! God bless your day! :D Again, I pray that GOD's Blessings and Provisions shower your new family! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)